:::: MENU ::::

Mine Yours And Ours

  • Overwhelmingly Candid

  • Brutally honest

  • Uncannily comic

  • M.Y.B.L.A.B.S

On MODIfying, Developing and Changing INDIA

There was a country, a country of spirited and adept men, finding itself in the path of recovery from the heavy blows of imperialistic pas...

Wednesday, August 05, 2009


U might have attended many interviews(like me,i'm gonna score a century), u might have come across many questions in interviews, some of which might have driven u crazy and some of them might have made u scratch ur head...So by this point of time u should have accustomed to answering difficult questions or atleast u should hav learnt the tactics of either convincing or confusing(if u r bestowed with this trait u will get a job soon and thats my promise) the interviewer...let me check how far u have mastered that trade....I'm gonna ask a question,don't worry i wont ask any tech stuff bcoz i myself don't know those aspects (Cs,C++s,JAVA s...would make me go mad...Hope it's same with u)..Instead I'm asking a simple question which is gonna check ur presence of mind...


This is my problem...I'm asking u to organize a meeting...The meeting deals with a mind-numbing topic...Anyone who is in his right sense of mind wouldn't attend that meeting...But you have to organize a large crowd...What would you do rather how would you do that????....

When i asked this question to some of my friends, their answers were,

1.I would advertise that Deepika, Katrina , Shruthi hassan and Megan fox are coming for that meeting...

2.I would advertise that MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar and Shahrukh khan are attending that meeting...

Eventhough these ideas were good, one of my friend came up with a more pragmatic, efficient and cost-effective idea..He said he would advertise as follows,

Wanted Freshers For a reputed Software company.
Qualification B.E/B.Tech,MCA.
Salary upto 28k.

Date:32/13/9002

Venue:Dubagur Infotech/Solutions/Consultants (near Govinda nagar Bus stop).

It's unbelievable...What he said absolutely made sense...There can be no better idea than this...Nowadays one can see large crowd in interviews than in Cinema theatres or in any other popular hang outs...(Natla vela illa thindatam thala virichu aduthu,adhuku sada pinni poo vaika oru nalla arasiyal vadhi illa)...

This unemployment took its heavy toll mainly on Engineers that too on those who had aspirations to be Software engineers(Unlucky and morons like me)...All those who pursued Comp.sci engg or IT are cursing themselves and blaming themselves for taking this stream in a wrong time.
The worst part is not about getting a job or finding a good job but it is all about getting a proper interview.I myself have attended more than 30 interviews but none is a proper iview( i mean none resembled like a professional interview with aps, tech and Hr rounds),it will be either a consultancy which would try everything to get money out of my pocket(Conventionally a tech round will be conducted where they would ask questions(for which they themselves don't know the answers) which u had not heard before and would ask you to join a course or ask some 30 or 50k to place you) or it would be a software company which will place conditions(such as bond for 2 years,5k salary,Salary will be hiked after 6 months based on performance) implicitly stating that I'm their slave and i should accept whatever clause and conditions it has, and no matter how much I'm paid and how much I'm comfortable with the so called conditions..

If we start talking about the unemployed Geniuses(since I'm also one among them),there are two categories in them...

*Confused Unemployeds, and
*Determined unemployeds

Confused unemployeds are those who are not sure of whats happening and what's gonna happen next...(kanna kati katla vita madhiri feel irukavanga)..They could not come to any conclusion or can't make any decision due to many myths and advices from the people around them...
In this further there are 2 categories those who are confused about choosing carrer and another about jobs..The first is not sure of choosing a career.For example they will be in a fix to decide between a s/w job or a bpo job..One part of their mind will say "Hey,what u studied for and what are u now opting for?." and another will say"Don't be a fool,just take a job... whatever it may be and when recession ends you can switch over to s/w job."...

The later class people are confused about taking jobs..These people get confused about the things such as salary, conditions placed by the company or shall i go somewhere and search for a job,bonding issues etc.They are willing to take job but they are confused about the conditions and its outcome....

When it comes to Determined Unemployeds, these are the people who live a life of Lion.They wont even discuss or hear about anything out of their job interest.For instance a guy who has aspirations for a MNC s/w job wouldn't even stand in a place where the jobs about ITES are discussed.They would say I want this and i wouldn't compromise anything for that.I'm not sure even if a MNC comes after 8 months or 1 year whether they can crack that or do they have that confidence( I'm saying this coz the 2010 freshers will also be competing with them by that time)...I'm not intimidating anyone , the best will always survive so guys Best of luck for all those who belong to this category.But take care that you don't overlook possibilities...

Learning Vs Earning

The basic reasons for the confusions i have stated earlier are because of these two attributes.What's important earning or learning??..Those who think earning is important will be ready to take any job and they would move on.And those who favor learning will be choosy and picky and they are certain of what to take...But there is a third category which tries to strike a balance between these two attributes...I would say that these are the most pathetic creatures that you can see in the world(In short, ones like me).

My personal request or suggestion to all beloved unemployeds is
"JUST PURSUE WHAT UR HEART SAYS"...
Don't worry about coventions and myths.

But My dear Unemployed friends let me give you my medicine to you...I don't want a mere record of what's happening or tell you a sober-story...So let me put whatever i will say to myself when i feel crushed by this unemployment menace which can either make u laugh or give a source for inspiration.....

"Hey dude! jus remember one thing ordinary life will be smooth,happy and happening.But the lives of extra-ordinary people will be like a bed of thorn...Theyhave to face problems from all ends and from everyone...For instance Mahatma Gandhi had more problems than Hitler.He underwent more hard-ships than Hitler.But Who is celebrated,who is remembered??..So u are one of that kind(konjam over than but if that thought is within ur heart and unless u don't thrust this notion upon others there's nothing wrong).Remember Abraham Lincoln was a total loser until the age of 52 when he became American president,he was defeated in Governor,Vice-Prez elections before that and he lost his wife,his second wife divorced him and all non-sense happened with him only to make him the great Prez the U.S has ever seen.....So U will get ur time and u will make things count someday...And that day need not be so far...."

This is one of the kind of thought that would strike my mind when I'm feeling discouraged....Hope u also will come up with such a stupid but effective thought when u feel intimidated.

Whatever .....

Let me tell u only one thing,It's very sure that we(again my beloved unemployeds) will have our time and that's not far...I would like to dedicate a poem for my unemployed friends,(it's in tamil so those who don't know tamil please pardon me).... I wrote some 6 months back and i thought this fits the current topic i have posted....Finally the thing(useless blabs) which i wrote for me was utilized atleast in a acceptable place.So learn lesson from this,nothing is waste and everything that happens has a reason...I apologize for this long post...But I hope unemployment is not a silly problem and it deserves this lenghty article....Hope you enjoy this...

கொசுவும் என்னை பார்த்து கொக்கரித்தது
எறும்பும் என்எதிர் நின்று மார்தட்டியது
சிறுபிள்ளையும் கண்டு எள்ளி நகைத்தது
மேகத்துள் மறைந்த சூரியனாய் நான்....

சூரியனை விட்டில் பூச்சிகள் சிறுவிளக்காய்
எண்ணி இருக்கையில் வானை கிழித்து
தங்கமாய் தகித்தான் சுடும் சூரியன் ....
வாயடைத்து நின்றன வெற்று விட்டில்கள்....

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting!