:::: MENU ::::

Mine Yours And Ours

  • Overwhelmingly Candid

  • Brutally honest

  • Uncannily comic

  • M.Y.B.L.A.B.S

On MODIfying, Developing and Changing INDIA

There was a country, a country of spirited and adept men, finding itself in the path of recovery from the heavy blows of imperialistic pas...

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Hey everyone...Feel like its been long that i blogged in my usual style..I guess its lost a bit as a result of the attempts made for exploring fictional writing...And now i desperately wanted to bring back that to cheer myself up and be funny...To be frank this should have been a movie review.. Yes,this post is inspired from a movie.I changed the review idea as i did not want to lash out on another movie.:P.So i converted that  into a post with my personal experiences.You know well that you will have fun if i  share my experiences.Lets dig this to see whats waiting....

Well,the movie that inspired me is "The social Network".It was quite ok kinda movie but few things in the movie interested me a lot.First, let me say a few words on the flick.When you have to choose between protecting a business(a monstrously growing firm) and being loyal to a friend choose the first one. Do everything to save business,even if it is at the cost of a best friend says the story.The curiosity to know how Mark Zuckerburg becomes the youngest CEO keeps one glued to the seat than the watch worthiness of the movie(my personal opinion)..



Lawsuits and settlements(which this movie largely deals with) are not the type of things guys like me would like to see in a movie,especially in a Hollywood movie.Nah, thats not our thing..Not my thing..What we want is some flashy stuff.Like superhero with cool gifts and powers, adrenalin pumping action adventures, comedies,critically acclaimed touching movies,sometimes romantic ones and even sometimes animation movies too.If not that,may be a movie which has a hunky man ramp walking around with a tough attitude or  some attractive babes or  Divas with bare minimum of outfits  is what identify Hollywood as far as little minds like mine knows.:P.


But this one has none of that elements except for few cool stuff that i liked.For instance the spirit of central character at some places which is most exemplified by this dialog , I'm CEO Bi***(as the title suggests). This CEO stuff and few things of Mark Zuckerburg made me to take up this post and write it in a personal perspective.Yes there is a flashback.Not only here, where ever this word CEO is uttered my first day at the present company comes to my mind.To give you the exact details i casually checked the calendar to figure out the date.You know what?.April 1st(WTF)..No one was needed to fool me.I did that myself.If  i have to sum up the embarrassing days in the past three years,this would compete tough for the top spot.


It was my induction to the specific Business unit.The Hall was filled with 72 trainees like me and 3 Managers.As usual i felt rather dozy and chose a corner seat to sleep,i mean, to sit :P.The managers asked about the induction and how it felt to get selected for the concern etc etc for which they received overwhelming responses.Guys did not fail to put bit after bit to the extent that some of them became too familiar.I kept silent as usual.The part of intro came.We were asked to say about ourselves and about our ambitions. Answers were quite normal  until my turn.People who know me can say that I don't back off from being grand when it comes to setting a target.(don't ask about reaching them :P)...


I said,"I wanna become the CEO of this company".It was received with a hint of giggles here and there.(It was not like i was mocked at or laughed).People thought that i am trying to show my funny side.But that was not i felt embarrassing.(ada oru CEO life la idhellam oru matter eh illa :P).The embarrassing part came when one of the managers visited our training center later.He started addressing me "CEO,Sir" and as usual a hint of giggle followed.(CEO Sir?.OMG..)..From then on i had to feel embarrassed when ever that was repeated.More than CEO,the term Sir embarrassed me a lot..(Nan avlo periya aal illingo):P..


Another important thing that struck me when i saw the movie was the fact that Mark Zuckerburg was a avid blogger before finding Facemash or The Facebook.LESSON/Warning 1:Don't underestimate bloggers :P...I got exhilarated when i learnt that he tortured many guys in his early days as i have been torturing you guys  for the past one and half years..:P It was too great to know that not only the minor pranks but he also dumped all his anger and frustrations on his blog as i do.Having said that I am not a hot shot mad blogger  like him to bash anyone or everyone including his girlfriend (as  Mark does..But i need not worry..I don't have a girl friend-Divas i bring this to your notice  :P :P-in the first place :P..)who gets under the skin.Not that no body gets under my skin but I am not used to this on the go blogging :P.The steam goes off as i take long time to blog..Many folks escape coz of that..LESSON/Warning 2:Don't mess with bloggers..Never ever:P

Here this similarity in CEO aspirations,Blogging stuff  and all doesn't mean that i want to follow his footsteps and i am taking motivation from his story..I can take something if i am his kinda guy.What he has achieved is cool but its not what i want to have in life.If you had asked me a year before i would have said money in dollars,rising fame, flashy Ferrari in the backyard and a Spanish beauty like Selena Gomez by my side would be cool enough  :P :P..But now I'm inclined to the idea of being more of  an artist than a superstar..More than me and a grand life the work(the creation) i do is important.(Of course if stardom comes with that artistic stature i won't deny :P.. Especially i will not deny Selena Gomez :P..)..


I saw a video during induction in which the CEO said," This is a perfect company which is perfect enough to accept the fact that it is imperfect." explaining the reason that the firm has good gains in the past quarter despite recession.I got dazzled by that rebellious,honest approach since i am one such. And during intro the words just manifested themselves,something inside me made me to say that and i said.I did not say to show off or to provide fun .After seeing the imperfections in corporates  which he highlighted i changed the idea..:P..I don't wanna become a CEO any more even if it is for Microsoft..I don't want to be a superstar..But who knows even this funny words of becoming a CEO may come true..(Enake konjam light ah overa theiryudhu.. :P)..After all this is a funny world... :P.. Anything can happen...


Coming back to the film..I liked few other parts as well..The scene in which he says If i want i will make phoenix club(the one which is open for elite group people and the one he badly wanted to join during his college days) into a ping pong room..Even though its on the offensive side(like the title) the spirit is visible behind the words which could not be denied.The way Sean parker says "In  old days people come and say ,Good idea kid.Now grown-ups will take it from here.But not this time.This is our time.This time you are gonna hand them a business card that says I AM CEO BI***." personifies the spirit that I am talking about(May be today if some major publishing house decides to publish one of my articles i would freak out with one such status update in  FB ...:P :P).When the same exact words are printed on his visiting card it is shown how seriously he has taken those words...


The ending perhaps was classic and absolutely fitting where he gives friend request to  his girl friend  whom he bashed on his blog LESSON 3:Bloggers are very good guys :P and which formed the reason for all the subsequent rise of Facemash and Facebook.The ending says it all,One can earn money,acquire power and get all the fame in the world but with out true love,affection and friendship life is not complete.He keeps on refreshing the home page to see whether she has accepted his request.The film ends there.

6 comments:

Thanks for visiting!